Sunday, December 13, 2009

weekly training summary -- december 7 - 13

This was one of those awful weeks where I wasn't able to get more than a few hours of sleep per night and, as a result, had far too much take-out and far too few runs and cross-training. I usually try very hard to get exercise even when life gets busy, but this was one of those weeks where even I had to throw my hands up in frustration. I hate that feeling.

Monday: 4 miles
Tuesday: 3 miles
Sunday: 10 miles

I did manage to run out for a few hours and finish up my remaining Christmas shopping, since I won't have any time between now and when I leave for the 'Couv on Dec. 23. There are AMAZING sample sales this weekend (Opening Ceremony, Helmut Lang, Luca Luca, Bird, Aloha Rag . . . ) and although I couldn't stop by many of them, I did swing by the Rag and Bone sample sale and purchased the Nancy blazer in black.
I cannot own enough Rag and Bone, I tell you!

I also picked up a few presents online from J. Crew, including these gifts to myself:

I tried this schoolboy blazer on at the store before and really loved the fit. Now that they've marked down the price (plus the extra 30% I was able to take off with the internet sale this weekend), the piece became irresistible!

I thought this tee was adorable and plan to style it similarly to this picture.

Picked up a few of these basic tanks.

I'm a little old school and still like to keep a paper day planner and book for notes. I thought it was a good idea to finally pick up something to keep track of birthdays and anniversaries so that I remember when to send out cards and presents accordingly.
Not bad for a sprint-paced shopping session! I am so relieved to have all of my Christmas presents ready to go for the upcoming holiday (and perhaps a few too many presents for myself!) -- now I can just focus on getting a million and one things done at the office before I leave NYC for a short vacation. Really looking forward to seeing some of you while I'm back West visiting my parents!

2 comments:

1NYgirl said...

You sound like me. I just finished all my Christmas shopping too. I did a marathon shopping day yesterday and now I'm officially done. You really make me want to pick up a couple of me presents from jcrew. There's on velvet blazer that I've been eyeing for a couple of weeks now. Very tempting.

I'm sorry work's been so crazy busy for you woman. I am the opposite. I've been writing out my packing lists and reading blogs all week. Hopefully you'll get more time to sleep and run this week.

I'm totally up for the Princess and the Frog. I'm curious to see how it'll turn out. Let's try to set up a time for Saturday or maybe sometime during the week if work lets up for you.

Phatry Derek Pan said...

Hi Danica, it's Phatry! How's it going? I've been trying to reach you via your brother a couple times but no luck. I now live in NYC and would love to reconnect with you. Reach me via e-mail and I'll provide you my contact number. I hope you are doing well! PDP