Thursday, November 6, 2008

yes we did!

Because I am still at a loss for words, I will only share a few pictures that I felt captured the spirit of this momentous occasion and some words from the 44th President of this great nation, Barack Obama:

" . . . . This is our time, to put our people back to work and open doors of opportunity for our kids; to restore prosperity and promote the cause of peace; to reclaim the American dream and reaffirm that fundamental truth, that, out of many, we are one; that while we breathe, we hope. And where we are met with cynicism and doubts and those who tell us that we can't, we will respond with that timeless creed that sums up the spirit of a people: Yes, we can. Thank you. God bless you. And may God bless the United States of America."







UPDATE: And, because I totally agree with lajournalista's comment, I had to add one more picture.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think one of the most touching moments to me was when the camera zoomed in on Rev. Jesse Jackson and he was very visibly crying. I thought about that a lot. I mean, he has seen civil rights in our country go from non-existent to a black man in the White House. He was THERE with the man considered to be the light of the movement. It had to be bittersweet. 'Yay the dream has come true, but my friend is not here to see how his words, his passion, his DREAM has finally come to pass.'

Jess said...

I still cannot look at these pictures and read about this moment without getting emotional. I finally believe in the people of our country again and am proud to say I am American. The apathy has finally parted to let me breathe again.

Jen said...

These pictures made me tear up all over again ...